Words: Anonymous, in The Evangelical Hymnal (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: The Evangelical Publishing House, 1921).
1. Sing ye the songs of praise; Jesus is come!
High your glad voices raise; Jesus is come! 
Cast worldly cares away, worship and homage pay;
Welcome the blessèd day, Jesus is come!
2. This day in Bethlehem, Jesus was born!
King of Jerusalem, Jesus was born!
Sun of all righteousness, shining and  blessedness,
Healing our wretchedness, Jesus was born!
3. Cleanse us from all our sin, Savior divine!
Make our thoughts pure within, Savior divine!
Lo! now the herald sound carols the love profound,
Telling of Jesus found, Savior divine!
4. Save through Thy merit, great Prince of Peace!
Give Thy good Spirit, great Prince of Peace!
Let not Thy love depart, but holy gifts impart,
Born into every heart, great Prince of Peace!
1. Or: Jesus is born. Return
2. Or: Shining with blessedness, Return
Sheet Music by Mrs. C. Farebrother from Rev. Richard R. Chope,
Carols For Use In Church (London: William Clowes & Sons, 1894), Carol #57
Chope gives authorship attribution to Rev. W. Layng.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.