Come, Children, Raise Your Voices
Words & Music: Maud Gilchrist Sewall, in The Magnificat (New York: The New Church Press, 1910). Maud Sewall was the daughter of hymnist Frank Sewall.
1. Come, children; raise your voices!
The King of Love comes from above,
The heavenly host rejoices.
2. The Babe lies in the manger;
God seeks His own, by angels known,
But unto men a Stranger.
3. Though weak and helpless lying,
From Him is givín through earth and heavín
New life, and peace undying.
4. But who on earth do greet Him?
A shepherd band with staff in hand
Sets forth by night to meet Him.
5. And lo! from eastward riding
The wise men three; the star they see,
And follow it confiding.
6. Oh, Hope of all the ages!
May we find grace to claim our place
Where shepherds kneel and sages.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.