A Little Child The Savior Came
Words: William Robertson
"Morning Hymn," François H. Barthélémon (1741-1808)
MIDI / Noteworthy Composer / PDF
1. A little Child the Savior came,
The Mighty God was His Name;
And angels worshiped as He lay
The seeming Infant of a day.
2. He Who, a little Child, began
The life divine to show to man,
Proclaims from Heav’n the message free;
“Let little children come to Me.”
3. We bring them, Lord, and with the sign
Of sprinkled water name them Thine;
Their souls with saving grace endow;
Baptize them with Thy Spirit now.
4. O give Thine angels charge, good Lord,
Them safely in Thy way to guard;
Thy blessing on their lives command,
And write their names upon Thy hand.
5. O Thou, Who by an infant’s tongue
Dost hear Thy perfect glory sung,
May these, with all the heav’nly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.