A Little Child The Savior Came
Words: William Robertson
1. A little Child the Savior came,
The Mighty God was His Name;
And angels worshiped as He lay
The seeming Infant of a day.
2. He Who, a little Child, began
The life divine to show to man,
Proclaims from Heav’n the message free;
“Let little children come to Me.”
3. We bring them, Lord, and with the sign
Of sprinkled water name them Thine;
Their souls with saving grace endow;
Baptize them with Thy Spirit now.
4. O give Thine angels charge, good Lord,
Them safely in Thy way to guard;
Thy blessing on their lives command,
And write their names upon Thy hand.
5. O Thou, Who by an infant’s tongue
Dost hear Thy perfect glory sung,
May these, with all the heav’nly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.