Words: C. F. Hernaman
1. Sing with joy, 'tis Christmas morn,
Unto us a Child is born:
Christ hath come on earth to dwell,
God with us, Immanuel.
2. Shepherds watching thro' the night,
Wond'ring at the dazzling light,
Hear the glorious Angel tell
Of the hope of Israel.
3. Thousand thousand angels raise
Songs of glad triumphant praise;
Singing, thro' the starry sky,
"Glory be to God on high."
4. Joyously the shepherds ran,
Knelt to Jesus - God and man;
"come," they bid us haste with them,
See the Babe of Bethlehem!
5. He was in the manger laid;
By His holy Mother-Maid.
He is on His altar now;
With the shepherds let us bow.
6. Jesu! Whom we here adore,
May we love Thee more and more;
As by faith we, wondering, see
This Thy great humility!
Sheet Music from Charles L. Hutchins, Carols Old and Carols New (Boston: Parish Choir, 1916)