Sing To The Lord, Ye Distant Lands
Words: Isaac Watts
Source: Silas H. Durant and P. G. Lester, eds., Hymn and Tune Book, Greenfield, Indiana: D. H. Goble: 1886, Hymn #53, p. 21.
1. Sing to the Lord, ye distant lands,
Ye tribes of every tongue;
His new discovered grace demands
A new and nobler song.
2. Say to the nations, Jesus reigns,
God's own almighty Son;
His power the sinking world sustains,
And grace surrounds his throne.
3. Let heaven proclaim the joyful day,
Joy through the earth be seen;
Let cities shine in bright array,
And fields in cheerful green.
4. Let an unusual joy surprise
The islands of the sea;
Ye mountains sink, ye vallys rise,
Prepare the Lord his way.
5. Behold he comes, he comes to bless
The nations, as their God;
To show the world his righteousness,
And send his truth abroad.
6. But when his voice shall raise the dead,
And bid the world draw near,
How will the guilty nations dread
To see their Judge appear!
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.