Saviour Of The Nations, Come
Source: George Radcliffe Woodward, ed, Songs of Syon (London: Schott & Co., Third Edition, 1908), # 15
1. Saviour of the nations, come;
Leave for us thy glorious home:
Glad Osannas we will sing,
Greeting thee, our heavenly King.
2. With a loyal kiss of love
We receive thee from above,
With a solemn vow to pay
True allegiance to thy sway.
3. Come, Lord Jesu, take thy rest
In the convert sinnerís breast:
Make the quickeníd heart thy throne,
Son of God, the Virginís Son.
4. Welcome to this vale of tears,
Ripeness of the perfect years,
Born as man with man to dwell,
Come, our true Emmanuel.
5. God in man, incarnate God,
Sinless child of flesh and blood,
Man in God, thy brethren we,
Raise us up to God in thee.
1. Syon, at thy shining gates,
Lo! the King of glory waits:
Haste thy Monarchís pomp to greet,
Strew thy palms before his feet.
2. Christ, for thee their triple light
Faith and hope and love unite:
This the heacon we display
To proclaim thine Advent-day.
3. Come, and give us peace within:
Loose us from the bands of sin:
Take away the galling weight
Laid on us by Satanís hate.
4. Give us grace thy yoke to wear,
Give us strength thy cross to bear;
Make us thine in deed and word,
Thine in heart and life, O Lord.
5. Kill in us the carnal root,
That the Spirit may bear fruit:
Plant in us thy lowly mind;
Keep us faithful, loving, kind.
6. So, when thou shalt come agen,
Judge of Angels and of men,
We with all thy Saints shall sing
Alleluyas to our King.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.