Our Souls Shall Magnify The Lord
The virgin Mary's song; or, The promised Messiah born, Luke 1. 46 &c.
Music: Not Stated
1. Our souls shall magnify the Lord,
In God the Saviour we rejoice;
While we repeat the Virgin's song,
May the same spirit tune our voice.
2. The Highest saw her low estate,
And mighty things his hand hath done:
His overshadowing power and grace
Makes her the mother of his Son.
3. Let every nation call her bless'd,
And endless years prolong her fame;
But God alone must be ador'd;
Holy and reverend is his Name.
4. To those that fear and trust the Lord
His mercy stands for ever sure:
From age to age his promise lives,
And the performance is secure.
5. He spake to Abr'am and his seed,
"In thee shall all the earth be bless'd;"
The memory of that ancient word
Lay long in his eternal breast.
6. But now no more shall Israel wait,
No more the Gentiles lie forlorn:
Lo the desire of nations comes,
Behold the promis'd seed is born.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.