Oh Saviour, Whom This Holy Morn
Meter: Common Meter (86 86)
Source: Hymns For The Lifting Up Of The Hearts Of God's People (London: Longman, Rees, 1834), #14.
1. Oh Saviour, whom this holy morn
Gave to our world below;
To mortal want and labour born,
And more than mortal woe.
2. Incarnate Word! by every grief,
By each temptation tried,
Who lived to yield our ills relief,
And to redeem us, died!
3. If gaily clothed and proudly fed,
In dangerous wealth we dwell;
Remind us of Thy manger-bed,
And lowly cottage cell!
4. If press'd by poverty severe,
In envious want we pine,
O may Thy Spirit whisper near,
How poor a lot was Thine!
5. Through fickle fortune's various scene,
From sin preserve us free!
Like us, Thou hast a mourner been,
May we rejoice with Thee!
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.