jesu, joy of manís desiring
Words & Music by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
2. Drawn by Thee our souls aspiring
Soar to uncreated light
3. Word of God, our flesh that fashioned.
With the fire of life impassioned.
Striving still to truth unknown
Soaring, dying round Thy throne
4. Through the way where hope is guiding,
Hark, what peaceful music rings.
5. Where the flock in Thee confiding,
Drink of joy from deathless springs.
6. Theirs is beautyís fairest pleasure,
Theirs is wisdomís holiest treasure.
Thou dost ever lead Thine own,
In the love of joys unknown.