DOWN FROM THE WORLDS OF RADIANT LIGHT
Words: Joseph Proud (1745-1826).
1. Down from the worlds of radiant light
Behold the Saviour come,
To ransom souls from endless night
And bring the wandírers home.
2. He calls us to His dear embrace
From misíry and despair,
Bids us receive His wondrous grace,
And seek salvation there.
3. We come, Emmanuel, at Thy call,
Believe Thy gladíning Word,
Renounce our sins, ourselves, our all,
And glory in our Lord.
4. Salvation to Messiahís Name
With grateful hearts we sing,
And join our voices to proclaim
Our Saviour and our King.
5. Immortal praise to God belongs
For such unfathomed love;
Join, all below, in rapturous songs,
And shout, ye hosts above.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.