The 12 Days of Christmas, Deconstructed
OXymoron Humour Archive,
Loosely Based On The Twelve Days of Christmas
On the 12th day of the Eurocentrically imposed midwinter
festival, my potential-acquaintance-rape-survivor gave to me:
- TWELVE males reclaiming their inner warrior through ritual drumming.
- ELEVEN pipers piping (plus the 18-member pit orchestra made up of members
in good standing of the Musicians Equity Union as called for in their union
contract even though they will not be asked to play a note...)
- TEN melanin-deprived testosterone-poisoned scions of the patriarchal
ruling class system leaping,
- NINE persons engaged in rhythmic self-expression,
- EIGHT economically disadvantaged female persons stealing milk-products
from enslaved Bovine-Europeans,
- SEVEN endangered swans swimming on protected wetlands,
- SIX enslaved fowl-Europeans producing stolen nonhuman animal products,
- FIVE golden symbols of culturally sanctioned enforced domestic
NOTE: after member of the Animal Liberation Front threatened to throw red
paint at my computer, the calling birds, French hens and partridge have been
reintroduced to their native habitat. To avoid further animal-European
enslavement, the remaining gift package has been revised.
- FOUR hours of recorded whale songs,
- THREE deconstructionist poets,
- TWO Sierra Club calendars printed on recycled processed tree carcasses
- And an Animal Rights activist chained to an old-growth pear tree.
If you would like to help support Hymns and Carols of Christmas, please click on the button below and make a donation.
Related Hymns and Carols